Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Research That Created The Infidel

Probably the fact that you are here means you have a thing for medieval trivia.  During the 20 years of research that went into the Condottiero Trilogy I was fortunate to come across many first person accounts of both the crusades and the medieval era in general. The Condottiero Trilogy is set during the period spanning the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Crusades and draws from French, Italian, Byzantine and Arabic historians of the era, and associated historical works. The trilogy covers a 200 year period of history, focused on the experiences of Italian, Byzantine and Arabic participants.

It was my sister Aquila who suggested I write this blog so readers and non-readers of The Infidel could have their medieval curiosity satisfied and the research I couldn't include in the series find a voice.

Thanks for coming to hang out here, and I hope I can keep you returning by posting relevant and interesting material.

Elisabetta L Faenza

December 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment